AirCo Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Procedures Letter from Rick Thornton
The health of our customers and our AirCo Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing team members is top priority. We are committed to continuing this by monitoring guidelines issued by the CDC, EPA, WHO and other government agencies dedicated to protecting out health and abiding by the protective measures set forth for the general public.
The recent news about Corona Virus – “COVID-19” – has put all of us on high alert.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
We will do our best to continue to take care of your heating and cooling system needs throughout the virus outbreak, while exercising precautionary measures to help ensure your health and that of our team members.
When you call for an appointment, our Customer Service team will ask if anyone in your home is ill or has been in contact with anyone who may have been infected. If so, we will work with you to determine how safety precautions can be appropriately taken and will discuss options with you.
To help ensure your health, and that of our field technicians, technicians will be taking precautionary steps when they visit your home:
- They won’t shake your hand.
- They will try to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between themselves and you, per the CDC recommendation.
- They will put on clean shoe covers for each home they visit and throw away any used shoe covers.
- They will not hand out business cards.
- They will wipe their tablet surface with an alcohol wipe before asking you to sign for work to be done. Alternatively, the technician can send an email to you while still on site, with a description of the work to be done and the total amount due. You can send a reply email from your phone giving approval for the work.
- They will wipe off your thermostat if they touch it.
Additional Helpful Information
- If you, or any of your colleagues, friends or family exhibit any symptoms of the virus, please self-quarantine and call your doctor immediately. Symptoms include fever, cough, and trouble breathing.
- Review the CDC’s Get Your Household Ready for guidance in preparing your household members for the possibility of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Especially with many scheduled to leave on/ return from Spring Break trips in the coming days and weeks, check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices for the latest guidance and recommendations for each country to which you will travel. The State Department has alerted Americans to avoid cruise ship travel.
- Further information is available from both the Texas Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We appreciate your understanding.