How To Tell if Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning
Your ductwork circulates air throughout your home, which means it can accumulate airborne pollutants and continually redistribute those contaminants every time your HVAC system turns on.
Read on to learn the benefits of duct cleaning and some common signs that your home’s air ducts need cleaning.
Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Scheduling duct cleaning has a wide range of benefits. Here are just a few:
- You’ll have improved respiratory health and fewer symptoms, such as headaches, caused by airborne contaminants. Even individuals without allergies can react to high levels of dust, mold, and other types of indoor air pollution.
- Your home will feel and smell better by removing contaminants with unpleasant smells and circulating fresh air.
- You’ll experience better airflow and HVAC performance because the dust buildup can strain your heating and cooling system.
- You’ll save money on energy bills when your heating and air conditioning system becomes more efficient.
- You’ll avoid premature HVAC replacement because the continual strain on your HVAC system can reduce its life span.
- You won’t have small pests in your ducts anymore because duct cleaning will clean out anything and everything.
5 Signs Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning
Duct cleaning is a service that’s typically recommended every three to five years, but sometimes you need to schedule sooner rather than later. Signs you need duct cleaning include:
Frequently Clogged Air Filters
Frequently clogged filters are one of the easiest signs to spot. Most homeowners can change their air filters every three months, but changing them more frequently might be best if you have pets in your home.
If you’re keeping up with your filter replacements, but they’re still filthy every time you remove them, it’s likely time for a duct cleaning.
A little dust is expected, but if you notice a puff of dust when the heater or air conditioner starts up, dirty air ducts are probably to blame.
After duct cleaning, you’ll notice that surfaces won’t get dusty so quickly, so you can have one less chore on your to-do list.
Small particles accumulate over time and can block conditioned air from evenly distributing throughout your home, leaving you with reduced airflow and stale air.
Unusually High or Rising Utility Costs
When your HVAC system is clogged or straining due to dirty ducts, it has to work harder for longer to reach and maintain the thermostat setting.
While continually adjusting your thermostat can help you achieve short-term comfort, you’ll see the consequences in your utility bills.
If your home is newly built or has been recently remodeled, duct cleaning will clear out all the construction dust, dirt, and debris that made its way into your ductwork.
Call AirCo for Air Duct Cleaning in the DFW Metroplex
If you’ve observed any of the above signs in your Dallas-Fort Worth home, AirCo can help.
We offer professional duct cleaning to improve your indoor air quality and HVAC performance so that you can achieve optimal home comfort.
Get clean air for your home by calling AirCo (817) 591-1225 or contacting us online to schedule duct cleaning in Dallas-Fort Worth!