Extending the Life of Your HVAC System
Maintaining year-round home comfort is about much more than having the best HVAC systems installed in your home: Homeowners also need to ensure their heating and cooling equipment can last long-term by taking steps to extend their systems’ life span. In addition to adhering to an annual professional HVAC maintenance schedule, you can take an active role in extending the life of your heating and cooling equipment by following the tips below.
Has it been more than a year since your last HVAC maintenance appointment? Schedule heating and cooling maintenance services with AirCo today!
Tips for Extending Your HVAC System Life Span
In addition to adhering to an annual HVAC maintenance schedule, you can help extend the life of your heating and cooling systems by taking an active role in your equipment’s health. The following tips are just some of the ways homeowners can improve system performance for the long term:
- Change/clean air filters: Furnace and air conditioner air filters should be changed regularly to ensure maximum energy efficiency and cleanliness. 1-inch filters should be changed every month, and 4-inch filters changed every three to six months.
- Use programmable thermostats: By programming the temperature in your home, you can help reduce your systems’ workload during times of the day when no one is at home. Doing this can help you save on your energy expenses and prevent your heating and cooling equipment from overworking to meet your comfort needs.
- Clear vents & registers: If you notice any obstructions near your vents and registers, be sure to remove them. Clean off any dust or debris and move away any furniture or personal items to reduce the strain on your HVAC system.
- Inspect drainage pipes: HVAC maintenance can quickly escalate into repairs or replacements if your drainage pipe has been damaged. Be sure you know where this vital component is located and periodically inspect for damage to catch problems early. Homeowners should be particularly vigilant during the winter as snow and ice (rare in Texas, but it happens!) can wreak havoc on your drainage system. A common problem is drainage pipes getting blocked – this can cause dripping and leaks that can damage your floor and ceiling. Avoid a collapsed roof, and call today to get your AC checked!
Along with these important steps, homeowners can invest in duct sealing and insulation to help strengthen their systems’ efficiency and performance. Much like investing in a high-end cooler to keep your items fresh and cool, investing in proper insulation ensures your HVAC system remains in top shape for years to come. Additionally, professional duct cleaning services can help remove any dirt or debris that may be impacting your HVAC equipment’s performance.
Are HVAC Maintenance Plans Worth It?
The short answer? Absolutely! By investing in your HVAC equipment’s health and signing up for a maintenance plan, you’ll not only extend your system life span but also enjoy savings on additional heating and cooling services you’ll need throughout the year. Through AirCo’s All Star Club, our customers enjoy:
- A 10% discount on all repairs, accessories, and services
- A lifetime repair guarantee
- Priority scheduling
- Exclusive rewards for members
Through the program, you’ll also receive two annual heating and cooling maintenance visits for your furnace and air conditioner. With all the perks of prioritizing your HVAC equipment’s longevity, it’s hard to find a reason not to sign up for a heating and cooling maintenance plan!
When to Contact AirCo for HVAC Service
If it’s been more than a year since your HVAC equipment last received maintenance services, it’s high time you contact the heating and cooling specialists at AirCo. Join the All Star Club maintenance program or schedule routine maintenance to extend your systems’ longevity.
Contact our team to schedule HVAC maintenance in your Dallas-Fort Worth area home today!
Your Neighbors Trust Our Expertise
“Fabulous service and the BEST people! The people are stellar!”