Indoor Air Quality Filtration Solutions
EPA studies show that even in the smoggiest cities, the air inside most modern homes is usually at least ten times more polluted than the air outside.
How can this be? There are many reasons, some of which were discovered only recently. They include invisible assassins like radon and CO2, as well as gas-emitting chemicals like formaldehyde used in making modern carpeting, drapery, household cleaners, furniture and building materials. There are also common airborne pollutants such as pollen, viruses, dust and dust mites and damp areas where standing water can breed mold, mildew and other microbes.
Tips For A Healthier Trophy Club Home Environment
- Control Dust Mites – Use anti-dust mite covers and wash sheets in hot water at least once a week; 130 degrees is recommended
- Eliminate Mold Sources – Fix leaky pipes and keep bathroom grout clean
- Stay Smoke-Free – Avoid non-ventilated, smoky rooms and second-hand smoke
- Avoid Pet Dander – Keep pets off the furniture, out of the bedroom, and if necessary, consider taking the pet out of the home
- Close Doors and Windows – Keep windows and doors shut to keep outdoor pollens, molds and irritants outside
- Install a Whole-House Air Cleaner – Use a whole house air cleaner to remove airborne, health-damaging particles and allergens too tiny for your nose and mouth to effectively filter naturally
Much of this problem is attributed to the way modern homes are built—for purposes of energy efficiency, and to be as air-tight as possible. The consequence is that stale air, laced with odors, chemicals, irritants – even miniscule insects from pet dander – often becomes trapped in modern Trophy Club area homes, where it circulates over and over. This can lead to eye irritation, sinus congestion, sneezing, runny nose, stuffiness, colds, flu, headaches, dizziness, outbreaks of allergies and asthma, sore throats, and various other respiratory ailments.
Children especially at risk, more than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one in 13 school-age children. Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50 percent more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems
So serious and prevalent is this issue that environmentalists have coined a new term for it—IAQ or Indoor Air Quality. Today’s Trophy Club TX homeowners need to become more aware of the importance of IAQ and what they can do about it.
Trane CleanEffects utilizes patented, breakthrough air cleaning technology to remove up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1" filter. What's more, Trane CleanEffects has been performance-tested by LMS Technologies and Environmental Health & Engineering, Inc. (EH&E), with the results verified by professors from the Harvard School of Public Health, so you know you're getting an air filtration system for your Trophy Club home like no other.
- Removal of up to 99.98% of particles and allergens from your filtered indoor air.
- An industry-leading clean air delivery rate of 1,200.
- Low operating costs, with no replacement filters to buy.
- Cleaning indicators easily visible on the outside of the unit.
- Easy to clean filters-just vacuum or rinse once every 3 to 9 months (depending on usage).
more information >>
Rheem Media Air Cleaners (RXGF and RXHF) Series
Improving the air in your home is easy with the Rheem Whole-House Media Air Cleaner. Designed to fit any Rheem central heating system, the 4" deep-pleat, exact-fit filter maximizes filtration and reduces replacement changes. Available in two efficiencies, the Rheem Whole-House Media Air Cleaner can make the air in your home cleaner and more comfortable.
- Traps and Filters – Reduces major pollutants, such as dust and pollen, from the air passing through your heating and cooling systems.
- 4” Deep-Pleat Filters – With filters that perfectly fit the media cabinet, surface area is maximized allowing filters to last up to one year reducing replacement changes.
- Exact Fit System – Cabinets are an exact-fit system solution for your Rheem heating equipment providing quick installation by your HVAC professional.
more information >>
Amana AHMAC Custom-Fit Insulated Air Cleaner
The Amana® brand AHMAC High-Efficiency, MERV 11 Charged-Media Insulated Air Cleaners are custom-designed to fit Amana brand air handlers. The AHMAC removes air contaminants down to 0.3 micron and helps protect and prolong the operating efficiency of heating and cooling equipment compared to systems that do not have enhanced filtration components. Its perfect fit allows no air gaps, thereby maximizing the system’s ability to clean the air.
Custom-designed to fit Amana brand air handlers
High-efficiency MERV 11 media filter removes air contaminants down to 0.3 micron
MERV 11 rated efficiency (ASHRAE Standard 52.2)
Reversible airflow; mounts in any position
Perfect-fit filter allows no air gaps, maximizing the system’s ability to clean the air
more information >>